The Hidden Health Risks Lurking In Your Home

home health

Is Your Home Health Slowly Killing You?

 Our homes take up a lot of time in our lives. They provide us with shelter, a warm place to sleep, food, appliances, entertainment and of course, security. However, that feeling of security can be fleeting once you realize that your home health could be making you sick. These are dangers that you could be ignoring, dangers that could strike at any time, and dangers that are building up around you as you read this article.


If you’re worried just by hearing this, then here are a couple of different places where your home could be slowly killing you.


home health


Gas Leaks


According to, there’s a gas known as radon that could be leaking into your home right this moment. Some common home health risk symptoms include respiratory infections, wheezing, breathing difficulties and coughing up blood. Unfortunately, since this is a type of radiation poisoning, the effects are hard to treat, could lead to cancer, and you won’t notice you have symptoms until the toxin has spread throughout your body. In addition to radon, there is also the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning, known as the silent killer that could leak into your home via bad piping or a broken boiler.


These are incredibly dangerous situations that have to be dealt with as soon as possible. If left untouched, you could suffer some serious damage to your health that could lead to irreversible complications. Make sure you have gas inspections on a regular basis and consider getting test kits to help you detect, block and mitigate the effects.


Unstable Electrical Outlets

Electricity around the home is generally safe. However, in the odd event that your home is freshly built or has had a history of repairs due to its age, there is always the possibility that the next time you plug in an appliance, you could receive a nasty shock. Not only could it pose a threat to your own life, but it can also negatively affect your technology and cause them to break or fry.




Excess moisture inside the home can lead to a build-up of mold. However, it’s not always immediately obvious where the mold is coming from, what part of your home is causing the excess moisture, and how you can even prevent it.


If there is an abundance of damp or mold in the home, then it could lead to an increased risk of respiratory problems in the future, allergies, or even asthma. In some cases, it can even affect your immune system. The people most at risk of being affected by mold are babies and children, but it can also extend to elderly people who spend most of their time indoors. If you already have a weakened immune system due to other conditions, then mold will only make your conditions worse due to the allergens produced by mold.
Once you find out what’s causing the excess moisture in your home, you can take action to remove it professionally or on your own. If you want to put a little work in and invest in equipment, then this guide at will help you in removing the mold from your home. However, if you don’t have the correct equipment, then don’t worsen your conditions and call for help to have it removed.

Making sure your Home Health is up to date can make all the difference!

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *